Your products and services might address everyone’s pain points and provide solutions for everyone’s challenges. But if you’re not running a comprehensive product-focused inbound marketing campaign to promote it, a few things can happen:
- You could be missing out on better ways to sell more.
- Potential customers could get their information about you from competitors, not you.
- If it’s a new product or service launch, it could fall short.
- Poor promotion could lead to permanent damage to your company's reputation.
Your plan for how to promote a particular product or service should include lots of communication channels and cross-promotion opportunities. You want to remind people how your products and services are addressing their specific needs using more ways than one. You can expect more engagement from new leads, existing customers, and even dormant prospects if your messaging is consistent and it reaches more of your audience.
Try these proven ideas for getting stellar results from your product-focused promotion.
1. Use email campaigns.
Email has proven itself as an effective marketing tool. Research shows that 82% of consumers will open emails from businesses. More than three-quarters of them (76%) have made purchases after reading a persuasive email marketing message.
Email content should highlight the value of your product or service and the benefit it has to consumers. Email formats have heading areas where you can write short headline-type communication in an effort to increase open rates:
- Use the subject line to feature a special offer.
- Use the preview text below to describe unique product and service benefits.
2. Feature your product or service in a blog article.
Your blog has a built-in audience of subscribers who are already interested in learning more about your company. It’s a place where you can go deep. You can discuss all the salient attributes of your product or service such as the features, technology, benefits, advantages to consumers, and more.
In essence, what you’re doing is giving your loyal customers an exclusive overview of the product or service. You can even ask for their feedback, which would reinforce how much you value them. After all, they are most likely to buy it and promote it in their own circles.
The blog post itself can be a vehicle for a special offer. It can be the subject of an email. A link to the article can be shared across social media channels. It’s a great way to engage people and entice them to action.
3. Use social media to get the word out.
Posting on your social media platforms is an easy way to share information about your product or service that’s also easy for your followers to share. Running sponsored posts on social media is also an option.
Social media also offers an immediate way for followers to ask questions and get feedback. It’s an opportunity for you to share even more personalized information with them. Reaching out via social media is also an effective way to engage niche audiences and expand the reach of your campaign. When people share your posts on their pages, that user-generated content supports your overall goal of reaching more of your audience.
4. Make a special offer.
A price discount, reduced-rate package, complimentary product or service upgrade, coupon with purchase, free gift for every referral – any deal that doesn’t last forever can heighten a person’s urgency to buy.
When you create a special offer, guide prospects to a landing page where you can entice them further. Remind them of consumer benefits and product or service advantages. Make it easy for them to sign up or buy instantly from the page.
5. Create a free business profile on search engine platforms.
For instance, Google offers companies a free business listing that you can personalize with photos, information, and more. Creating an account is free and easy.
Google My Business is a way to “take charge of your first impression” online by “highlighting essential information, showing what makes your business unique,” and providing accurate details about your company. Such as:
- Detailed driving directions
- Sending and receiving direct messages
- Responding to customer reviews
- Writing posts and making offers
- Posting news and events
- Creating a Frequently Asked Questions section
When you claim and verify your business on Google, it can help you rank higher in local searches.
6. Run a contest.
Running a contest on social media is a fun way to connect with prospects. It’s effective in generating some excitement about your product or service. As an example, contests have a conversion rate of almost 34%, which is higher than other content types. It’s estimated that a Facebook contest could get an average of over 34% of new customers as well.
Even though your contest may be running on just one platform, announce the contest across all of your marketing channels. For instance, promoting it on your website could also drive more traffic to it.
7. Host an event.
Another way to create excitement is to host an event that features your product or service. Events can take many forms:
- An in-person party or open house to introduce a product or service.
- A webinar or seminar that explains a service.
- A Facebook Live session to demo a product and highlight its features.
- A live or recorded Q&A with product designers or service implementers.
- Virtual training sessions on a product or service.
- Exclusive meet-ups with an industry influencer who endorses your product or service.
The list is only as long as your imagination and what’s relevant to the particular product or service.
8. Solicit and share customer reviews.
One of the most effective sources for compelling content about your product or service is a customer review. On average, reviews can produce an 18% uplift in sales. Here’s why:
- 92% of B2B buyers are more likely to purchase after reading a trusted review.
- 86% of people hesitate to do business with a company if it has negative online reviews.
- 84% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
Customer reviews and testimonials let your customers do the heavy lifting, promoting a product or service for you.
9. Run paid and Facebook ads.
Paid ads, also called pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, have a lot going for them. You can schedule different ad formats on different platforms to promote a product or service. These include search, shopping, display, video, and other ads on Google Ads, Bing Ads, and other platforms. Facebook advertising is designed to target specific audiences to promote a product or service.