When you want to increase open and click-through rates for your email marketing campaigns, get personal.
Knowing how to personalize emails not only gives your customers the content they care about, but it’s also a proven way to boost your campaign stats while improving your customer experience at the same time:
- Just by addressing your customer by their name, you can increase open and click-through rates (CTR) by up to 35%.
- Personalized marketing emails can achieve 27% higher unique click rates.
- 58% of revenue is generated just from email personalization and segmentation.
- When an email isn’t personalized, 52% of customers say they’ll go elsewhere.
- 10% of respondents are annoyed by too little or no personalization.
How To Leverage Data To Create Personalized Email Content
It’s important to collect from your customers and prospects enough of the kind of data that can help you create dynamic or adaptive content for your emails. Some call it smart content, and it is capable of zeroing in on each of your recipients based on their personal demographics, behavior, engagement, history of purchases, and other information to inspire action.
Using smart content, you can:
- Nurture your customers with relevant offers and added value every time they hear from you.
- Build lasting relationships with leads and prospects more effectively.
- Inspire trust and delight at all stages of the buyer's journey.
- Create new and ever-changing conversion and reconversion opportunities for your website and every landing page, form, call-to-action (CTA), and email you send.
Smart Content in HubSpot
- Ad source
- Device type
- Referral source
- Contact list membership
- Lifecycle stage
Once you create smart rules, you can easily apply them to your marketing email content. Here are three examples.
- Create Smart Subject Lines
Smart subject lines take personalization to the next level. They help you target content based on two different types of data: contacts that belong to a lifecycle stage and members of a certain list. This allows you to custom-create different subject lines for each of the two groups, which will likely grab their attention on their own terms and get them to open your email faster.
- Use Dynamic Calls-To-Action (CTAs)
Dynamic CTAs can be tailored to contacts from different lifecycle stages, lists, device types, countries, preferred languages, or referral sources. Adding dynamic CTAs to your emails adds contextual offers that make each contact’s progress through the buyer’s journey more relevant.
- Make Email Text Adaptive
Apply smart rules to email text and focus on contacts based on their list membership or lifecycle stage. This allows you to use different content for different types of people.
With so many possibilities for personalizing your emails with smart content, be sure to envision each buyer’s journey before you start creating your email campaigns. Then, monitor the results and optimize your smart content as needed. You’ll find that you’re able to provide the most personal experience possible for each of your customers.